Have you ever stumbled upon something you forgot you had? Well, that would be this blog. More coming soon... Maybe.
Friday, February 19, 2016
Monday, January 15, 2007
- "24" is back & last night's season premiere kept me up past my bedtime. I got a late start because I was stuck on the Pats comeback against the Chargers. Also, if you would rather not see a spoiler regarding the show, I suggest you stay away from the Drudge Report.
- Speaking of the Pats, how 'bout former Tiger Stephen Gostkowski kicking what would be the game-winning field goal. We knew watching him here in Memphis this kid would win big games one day in the NFL. Little did we know it would come in his ROOKIE season!
- Customer service is dying in some businesses out there. If you are on the front-lines out there in retail, you would be amazed at how something as simple as thank you can affect your business. One of my tricks is I will not conduct business whether it be ordering a burger or paying for a newspaper unless the clerk greets me. I am getting cranky in my old age.
- From a Swedish newspaper: A 20-year-old Swedish man could face up to five years in prison for stealing condoms while holidaying on the Thai island of Phuket.
"I was drunk and needed condoms," the man told Expresssen.
His new acquaintance agreed to wait at the bar while he left to take care of business. But when he got to a nearby 7-Eleven he was in such a rush that he neglected to go to the counter. Instead he stuffed the condoms, a toothbrush and some throat lozenges into his pocket and took off out the door.
"He could get five years in prison," police sergeant Adis Adisakyakam told Expressen.
- Slap Hillary is fun game to pass the time.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Happy new year & welcome to 2007. Yes, I've already screwed up two checks by writing the wrong date. I should have 2007 committed to memory before March, though.
- - -
Hopefully 2007 will bring me more time to update this space. I like doing it. I see potential for things we can do here. Heck, at it's peak last year before my return to full-time employment the hits were growing. It's a great way to stay in touch, it's convenient & it's a creative outlet, too.
- - -
What better day to return than when contraversy was sparked once again by the Memphis mayor. It seems Willie Herenton wants a new football stadium. It's an election year & it should be interesting to see how it plays out.
We had several guests on Memphis Morning News this morning on NewsRadio 600 WREC. You can go to our website & hear several interviews regarding the matter, including Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson & city councilman Jack Sammons.
- - -
Monday, December 11, 2006
Wow, two months to the day since I last updated this thing. So much has happened in that timeframe. I will start updating again real soon. Call it my New Years resolution before it actually becomes 2007.
Until then, Go Tigers!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
I have been glued to my TV this afternoon over coverage of the small airplane which struck an apartment in NYC. I am now in shock as I read the plane was owned by Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle & he was killed in the accident.
Monday, October 09, 2006
It's back to work today to get a little rest! After rolling in off the roadtrip from Birmingham somewhere around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, I slept too late & never really got all 8-cylinders going for the day.
- - -
I do like short roadtrips, except for the last hour. Those miles take forever. Add to it I am not a coffee drinker & I no longer smoke, so I cannot rely on the caffeine or nicotine kick.
- - -
A 1-4 start for the Tiger football team is disappointing, frustrating & very surprising. I am still having a hard time trying to even write about it here. Please come by or listen to the Coach Tommy West Show tonight at 7 p.m. on NewsRadio 600 WREC.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Man, it's a long drive from Birmingham to Memphis after a football loss. I made the decision earlier this week to drive down & back in one day. The anger & frustration after the game at least made it easier to stay awake, as I finally pulled into my drive a little after 3 a.m.
- - -
Instead of commenting on the game (or the aftermath) right now, I'll wait.