My Corner of the World

Friday, December 30, 2005

Hard to say goodbye

What a show today. It was the final edition of SportsCall on WMC-AM in Memphis. We were told Wednesday the station is flipping to a classic country format next Tuesday.

I am hoping some of you found this blog after hearing me talk about my website on-the-air today. If so, please leave a comment for me.

(Speaking of my website, there will be a LOT more to come to forrestgoodman.com in the very near future.)

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I will continue to be on every Tiger pregame/postgame show for the rest of 05-06 & I hope for many years to come.

It was great hearing today from Harold Graeter of the Autozone Liberty Bowl, Memphis Xplorers head football coach Danton Barto & Dave Chase from the Memphis Redbirds.

But it was the listener that has made this last 4 1/2 years fun. We couldn't have done it without you.

It has been a pleasure to work for WMC Radio. Having those call letters on a resume gives you instant credibility. I've come a long way since doing years and years and years of high school football play-by-play.

Happy New Year to everyone. And I will still see you on the radio...

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, December 31, 2005, Blogger Jeremy said...

I echo what HLT said, and I'm glad you guys are still doing the Tiger broadcasts for the rest of the year. It'll be a great road to Indy!
One note about the website though, the link to your blog doesn't work, the www. needs to be taken off the address (to change it to http://forrestgoodman.blogspot.com/).

Good luck to all the 790 crew in finding new places to be heard.

 
At 10:11 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger Forrest Goodman said...

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate all of you for your support & for listening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home