My Corner of the World

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Thanks to all of you who have written this week. I try to answer each email, but in case I missed you, let me take this moment to say thank. Right now is a fun time to be a Tiger fan!

---

Has it occurred to anyone yet that the Memphis spring football practice is less than a week away?

---

Another fun day at Nat Buring yesterday as the Tigers baseball team beat Middle Tennessee State, 11-5. Thanks to Jeff Brightwell for asking me to join him on the broadcast.

---

As the Conference USA basketball tournament opens today here in Memphis, the Tigers receive nice exposure from Nashville in The Tennessean. Memphis was one of four CUSA teams receiving a first-round bye & will start tourney action tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. I hope you will join me at 4:30 p.m. for the Tiger Pregame Show!

---

As the University of Mississippi starts the process of finding a replacement for basketball coach Rod Barnes, Greg Doyel of CBS Sportsline writes, "Ole Miss is not a great job. It's the kind of job that somebody young and with ambition and doesn't know any better than to think they can go in and win. I'll tell you right now, I don't think you can win at Ole Miss without cheating."

I don't mean this to be a slap at the Rebels, but this is not the year I would want to be searching for a basketball coach. Indiana is hunting, so is Missouri. What if Tubby leaves Kentucky for the green NBA pastures? This is just the start of the list.

But Barnes is gone, so you make the best of the situation. Will is be UAB's Mike Anderson? Former Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson? The always contraversial Bob Huggins? Would any of them even think about Oxford?

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home