My Corner of the World

Monday, July 24, 2006

Wow, three weeks since my last update. That's way too long to go between postings, especially when you consider traffic to the blog was steady throughout the spring & early summer. I haven't checked out the statistics lately so I am sure they have dropped off. That's my fault...

I am deciding a direction to take with the blog. The daily sports show prep I was posting is not as relevant anymore since I am no longer doing a sports show. Then again the blog will take a serious turn back to sports when college football season arrives. And it's very, very close.

I've thought about using this space to share observations on my new area of covering news along with sports for WREC. As a relative newcomer to the news scene in the city it's interesting to see some of the things I have witnessed for the last six weeks.

Let's see which direction this blog heads... it should be a fun ride.

---

I could have been a movie critic... I have seen three movies in the last six weeks. That's really strange for me considering the last movie I saw at a movie theater was Christmas 2004. Also, consider the following better late than never since these three movies are past their prime at the boxoffice:

Cars - highly recommend for the kids, plus adults will like it, too; this was Abby's first movie & I enjoyed her wide eyes & eating popcorn more than the movie itself; being a race fan, this movie was pretty neat.

Click - a 2006 version of "It's a Wonderful Life," except not as good; I was expecting a total Adam Sandler comedy experience & instead I got an emotional roller coaster in the second half of the movie.

Superman Returns - I loved it! Why did so many people not like this? Kevin Spacey does a great job as Lex Luthor.

---

I am dying for football season to get here. CUSA's media days will happen next week in Dallas & I will miss it. It's a mistake to hold it there & I think the powers-that-be will realize that when the attendance drops. It belongs in Memphis so the media day can be held in conjunction with the two day of events the Liberty Bowl always planned. The Liberty Bowl is a great partner for CUSA & this whole event will be missed here.

---

One of the greatest rock and roll albums of all time is Zeppelin I... I was in a music mood on my 4 a.m. ride to work this morning, so it was cranked in my ol' speakers as I cruised on I-240. "How Many More Times" is the best cut on the CD & is one of the top five Zep songs ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home