My Corner of the World

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Nothing good happens after midnight

If that ol' saying is true, then why am I on here? Insomnia, I guess. I get this way after a Tiger win in football or basketball. It's just worse tonight because my wife & daughter are out-of-town.

---

Yes, Memphis beat Purdue tonight, 90-70.

There was a caller to my postgame show tonight by the name of "Lewis" which has just stuck with me through my after-work dinner & then the ride home. Lewis was quizzing us on why we believe Rodney Carney is not starting for the Tigers. I offered him my opinion, but it wasn't good enough. Without saying it, Lewis seemed to infer it was some sinister plot by coach John Calipari.

This basketball team is running like a well-oiled machine. So why are some working hard to find something contraversial? Can we not handle success? Is the no. 4 ranking too much? Did you get too much joy from all the off-court drama last season?

I don't mean to rant, but I will... enjoy this team. Since there is nothing to complain about, let's not dream up something.

---

The website is coming along (forrestgoodman.com). Hats off to Fallout Design to putting it together. Give us a couple of weeks & it will be a pretty cool place to visit.

---

An email from a listener suggested I podcast or something similar while I am absent from hosting a daily show. Not a bad idea.

What I would really like to do is start my own internet radio station. Music, sports, high school play-by-play... well, I can dream, right?

---

Music quote of the day:

"We're all raised on radio, radio
I love my radio
Radio, Radio,
Radio, Radio"

Journey - "Raised on Radio"


---

See you on the radio.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, December 31, 2005, Blogger Candy Brewer said...

Hi Forrest! I am going to enjoy keeping up with your blog. If you know HornLakeTiger, then you know me...I'm his better half. :-) (I used to post on the board as HLTigerDiva). I have been a blogger since about midway through the 2003 football season...my very first "test post" was about the 2003 Houston game when we blew them out of the water. I can say blogging is a GREAT way to look back and be reminded of things that happened that otherwise you might not remember had you not blogged about it. Keep this up! GO TIGERS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home