My Corner of the World

Friday, January 13, 2006

An afternoon update

There are some interesting rumors floating around sportstalk radio & the internet today. Here goes:

- Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville will interview for the New Orleans Saints job. This I am being told this is a hot topic in a couple of SEC towns.

- Fresno State coach Pat Hill will interview for the Oakland Raiders job. Hill has already interviewed for the Houston Texans' head coach's office. It's also believed he'll talk with the powers-that-be with the Saints & St. Louis Rams. Hill is well aware his name is making the rounds. He released a statement Wednesday telling teams they have a 10-day window to talk to him. "Because that window does not meet the schedules of some of the NFL teams, I will not be interviewing with every team that has expressed an interest in me," Hill said. "There are, however, some teams that I have spoken with and will continue to have discussions with until that window closes. That window will not be extended, however, and if that means it will remove me from consideration for a head coaching position in the NFL, then so be it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home