My Corner of the World

Friday, January 06, 2006

I am trying not to take this blog down the road of becoming a diary of an unemployed DJ. It's been done a million times since Al Gore invented the internet. Still, it's hard not to log-on & talk about what's going on.

Unemployed is also the wrong word to use. I am still very much employed by WMC to broadcast pregame & postgame shows for the remaining Tiger basketball games in '06. My on-air & production duties continue with Focus On Racing Radio, soon to celebrate it's fourth anniversary on Westwood One.

What happens after March is what is yet to be determined.

---

Me email address is now working correctly. Give it a try: forrest(at)forrestgoodman.com

---

"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya..."

Those are the words I hope Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer used today when he dismissed Marcus Vick. The replay of him stomping on the leg of a Louisville football player in their bowl game was the last straw for me.

Vick says, "It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level."

Think ol' Vick will try to do any leg-stomping in the NFL? Maybe he should try that with Brian Urlacher sometime.

Reckless driving... contributing to the delinquency of a minor... possession... obscene gestures...

Yeah, dude, you are ready to move on the next level. Good luck. Then again, you might fit in with the Minnesota Vikings.

Big brother Mike needs to have a talk with little bro.

---

Music quote of the day:

"I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps"

The Beatles - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

(Eric Clapton played lead guitar. He and George Harrison were good friends, but George had to convince him to come to the studio because Clapton was worried the other Beatles wouldn't want him there. Learn more at SongFacts.com)


---

The Tigers play Winthrop Sunday at 1 pm. See you on the radio starting at 11:30 am.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Forrest Goodman said...

Jeb,

Thank you! Heck, I miss not being on everyday! I still believe there are good things to come in the future. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for being a friend.

Forrest

 

Post a Comment

<< Home