My Corner of the World

Friday, January 20, 2006

I don't have much time to spend here this morning, but I will try to return this afternoon. In the meantime, consider the following:

- this could be a "Jake" weekend in the NFL. Jake Plummer of Denver & Jake Delhomme of Carolina both stand a good chance of leading their teams to the Super Bowl, but they have to win this weekend first. If it happens, I am sure it will be the first time in professional football history both QBs in its biggest game are named Jake. I'll give my picks later, but after going 1-3 last weekend, don't place any money on my choices.

- I cannot get friggin' CommercialAppeal.com to load this morning. Somehow I am feeling setup by that young paperboy who showed up at the door to sell me a subscription. When I tried explaining to him I can get what I want from the website, he asked quite innocently, "What if you don't have the internet?" I didn't realize he was either preparing me or setting me up for this morning.

- if you blog on a regular basis, let me know. I am putting together more links for the right sidebar. Keep in mind just because you ask, doesn't mean it will show up. I prefer to feature sports blogs, although it's not limited to just that area. I am also trying to find other Memphis bloggers. There's an email link on the right side.

- more college football coaches kept their jobs year, as firings tied a record low - only nine - the same number of coaches fired in D-1A in 1996. The NCAA started keeping track of coaching dismissals in 1947. Meanwhile, 10 of the NFL's 32 teams made changes at the helm so far.

---

Music quote of the day: (in memory of Wilson Pickett, who died yesterday)

"Mustang Sally
Guess you better slow your Mustang down"

Wilson Pickett - "Mustang Sally"

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Forrest Goodman said...

Wow! Great story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home