My Corner of the World

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

- Even at 4 in the morning, the yield sign is still considered an option by most Memphis drivers. I am glad my breaks work.

- The wheels of government move slow... part of the reason is the inability to start meetings on time. Noon usually means 12:15 or even 12:30 for some bodies. Don't even get me started on press conferences.

- Memphis football coach Tommy West is surprised his Tigers are chosen third in CUSA's east division. While TW cannot say it, I can: Memphis will be a better football team this year. What? How can you say that? DeAngelo is gone! Maurice Avery is gone! This is a rebuilding year! The Tigers will be fine. TW & staff finally have the program where it can endure losses of key players & survive. Just look at last year when you lose your top 2 quarterbacks.

- I need to go early vote... have you?

- The Grizzlies are hosting a press conference today with Jerry West, Mike Fratello, Rudy Gay, Alexander Johnson & Kyle Lowery. I wonder if Jerry will talk about the article in the California paper last week declaring this is his final season with Memphis?

- I glanced at the site stats last night & was amazed at the traffic that came through in the three weeks I did not update. It made feel kinda bad, but I got over it. Seriously, I appreciate all of you who come here. The emails are nice, too.

- 40 days until Tiger football kicks off. Please remember the new home for Memphis football & basketball is NewsRadio 600 WREC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home