My Corner of the World

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

- Thank goodness football season is almost here. The SEC Media Days start today, CUSA is next week. Is that pigskin I smell?

- I laughed when I read the letters to the editor earlier this week in the CA... all of these informed letter writers were complaining about the candidates stating in their radio & TV ads that they "approve this message." I laughed out loud at the Editor's Note: Campaign reform passed by Congress in 2002 included a "stand by your ad" provision that requires an "I approve this message" statement. The intent of the provision was to discourage negative campaigning by forcing candidates to associate themselves with their attacks. My reply would have not been as nice: Quit spending time writing letters that complain & spend more time paying attention to the news. You might learn something.

- Here's an amazing fact for you: I am yet to get a speeding ticket when travelling through Oakland, Tenn. Then again, I don't speed when I drive through there. Same thing for Germantown & Collierville, too. Funny how that works.

- The headline on DeadSpin.com: Danica Patrick now set to not win races for a different team all together. Ok, that is pretty good, maybe even better than my line calling her the Anna Kournikova of motorsports. She's staying in open wheel taking a seat with Andretti-Green Racing. There are several NASCAR teams which made a mistake not luring her away from the IRL. Would she ever win a race? Who cares, there are seveal drivers right now that drive every weekend in Nextel Cup that will never win a race... but Danica would generate a lot of publicity for whoever hired her.

- Have you early voted yet?

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, July 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Forrest,

When do the Tiger football players report for camp?

I can't wait!!!!!!

 
At 9:23 AM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Forrest Goodman said...

Players report Aug 9, the first practice follows Aug 10.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home