My Corner of the World

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Pittsburgh Steelers have won the Super Bowl. Coach Bill Cowher finally has a ring, along with bulky Jerome Bettis. Another football season has come to an end, leaving me counting day the days until next season. Here's my thoughts on the night:

Officiating: there were a couple of questionable calls, but did it cost the Seahawks the game? No. I cannot wait to read the Seattle newspapers in the morning. (Edited Monday morning: Upon further review, let me change my "no" to a "maybe." I still think despite mediocre officiating, the Seahawks hurt themselves at times.)

Rolling Stones: so I hear a couple of their songs were edited. I didn't even notice. No, I was not on another channel watching the "Fridge" coach in the Lingerie Bowl. I was watching a football game. Halftime is for a bathroom break & a refill, not watching a geriatric rock show. But hey, what little I did see was pretty good, better than Aretha Franklin & Aaron Neville's rendtion of the National Anthem.

Commercials: the ad wars were won by Budweiser, hands down. The streaking sheep was my favorite. Honorable mention to Ameriquest. Burger King should fire there ad agency TOMORROW & hire whoever Bud uses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home