My Corner of the World

Sunday, July 30, 2006


In all my years of being on radio, TV or writing in newspapers, I have never received the feedback that I got this week after my picture appeared in the Commercial Appeal. Folks at work, church, on the street & in my email have all mentioned it. The good news out of all this is for the CA because obviously their readership is goind okay.

"So what were you doing looking over Mike Fratello's shoulder?," is the question I am asked. That picture was taken before the NBA draft. The Grizz were working out players at FedEx Forum & the media showed up to talk to Fratello & company. While TV cameras hustled for position I decided the best thing for me to do was loop around Mike & hook my arm towards the front for the best sounding audion.

It worked. Little did I know I was on candid camera!

---

You'll probably laugh, but when I found out CMT was going to run a Hee Haw marathon this weekend I was pretty excited. The unfortunate part is I just realized they are running the same 6-7 episodes over & over. Too bad.

---

Conference USA's media day happens Tuesday in Dallas. There's a pretty good chance Tommy West will join us on Memphis Morning News on WREC Wednesday morning at 7:10 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home