My Corner of the World

Monday, January 02, 2006

To a screeching halt

That's the only way I can describe the end to the Tigers' winning streak. No. 4 Memphis lost to No. 15 Texas earlier today, 69-58.

I am trying to figure out if there is more disappointment in the loss or the belief this cost Memphis a no. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament later this year. Or maybe it's a combination of both. This I do know... the Tigers no longer control their destiny for a top seed. But that doesn't mean all is lost for this season. There is still a lot of basketball to be played & this is still a fun team to watch, although today I did wonder at times where my old Tigers were.

---

Music quote of the day:

"So many people have come and gone,
Their faces fade as the years go by;
Yet I still recall as I wander on,
As clear as the sun in the summer sky."

Boston - "More Than A Feeling"


---

A full update will be on this page Tuesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home