My Corner of the World

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Everybody's got an opinion this week on the NCAA tournament, specifically one on if the Memphis Tigers deserved their #1 seed or whether they will suffer an early departure from the Big Dance.

There was once a time not that long ago that I would have dwelled on those who aren't giving the Tigers enough credit. Yes, some so-called expert really predicts Oral Roberts to be the first-ever no. 16 seed to beat a no. 1.

It could happen, but it won't. Without pounding out all the facts on my keyboard I will simply share this: I am not going to let a critic's closed mindedness, prejudice against the south, or just overall lack of knowledge ruin my week of celebrating this basketball team.

For those that show Memphis love, thank them. For those that don't, just forget'em. It's not worth worrying over. Yes, I do find it funny some of the criticism I have heard this week from various talking heads & the haters who sit by their phones waiting to bash the Tigers.

Enjoy this season & don't stress over something or in this case over someone you have no control over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home