My Corner of the World

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

These kickers

I wanted to go to bed an hour ago. Thanks to a pair of kickers in tonight's Orange Bowl matchup between Florida State and Penn State, I am still up.

Penn State won it in triple overtime, 26-23.

Where's Stephen Gostkowski when you need him? His leg was money in the bank for the University of Memphis.

Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden both handled the postgame with class.

Something tells me Wednesday night's national championship game will not be this exciting.

---

Am I the only one who misses the pageantry of a college halftime show? I miss marching bands and the choreographed dancers. I felt I had stumbled into a MTV video when watching the Orange Bowl halftime show.

---

Detroit should give Mike Singletary their head coach's job.

---

Music quote of the day:

"I'll learn to work the saxophone
I'll play just what I feel
Drink Scotch whisky all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues"

Steely Dan - "Deacon Blues"


---

Memphis hosts Middle Tennessee State Wednesday night. See you on the radio at 5:30 pm for the pregame show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home