My Corner of the World

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I love days like this. It feels like fall outside. It's going to get warmer by the weekend, but today's temp gives me a taste of what's to come. Cooler temps & Tiger football... it's no wonder I love this time of year.

- - -

Speaking of the Tigers, they are on the road this Saturday vs. ECU. I still shake my head over the news from Monday that quarterback Will Hudgens broke his leg again. He's a tough kid & he'll bounce back.

There's no TV so you'll have to enjoy the game the ol' fashioned way: radio. C'mon, give us a listen. The pregame show starts at 4 p.m. on NewsRadio 600 WREC.

- - -

It seems everywhere I go I am asked when kickoff time for Memphis vs. Tennessee will be set. I'll tell you what the media was told Monday: expect it to be announced 12 days out. My calendar tells me that would be this Monday. If it happens at the press luncheon make sure to listen WREC news at 12:30 p.m. & 1 p.m. If they announce it, we'll have it.

- - -

I typically enjoy football bye weeks later in the season. When Memphis rests on Sept. 23 we will only be three games deep into the season. It comes at a good time considering they have the Vols the next weekend. I fully plan on being on a lake fishing with my camper nearby.

- - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home